Networking Friday on Science for All with Ciencia Viva
- DATEMarch, 5th, 2021, 1-2 PM UTC
- AIR Centre Networking Fridays
- This session was held in PortugueseEnglish subtitles for the YouTube recording will be soon available
On March 5th, 2021, 1-2 PM UTC, we had a very exciting Networking Friday on Science for All with Ciência Viva. This session brought together young scientists who shared with the audience their ideas and projects for a better future.
1:00 PM UTC | Opening, Rosalia Vargas, President of Ciência Viva
13:10 PM UTC | Talking about space, climate change and the ocean with young people from Ciência Viva projects. Moderated by Ana Noronha, Executive Director of Ciência Viva.
- João Lufinha Pereira, Tomás Dias and Rodrigo Frias, project for the centenary of Eddington’s experience, Ciência Viva Science Club of the Momenta da Beira School Group
- Leandra Cardoso and Lucas Carrada, project “Guardians of Time”, Climate Detectives (ESA), Grouping of Schools Dr. Laura Ayres, EB2.3 of Quarteira
13:25 PM UTC | CanSat and Atlantic cooperation: challenges and opportunities. Moderated by Ana Noronha.
- João Barbot, University of Birmigham, and João Coutinho, Porto Higher Engineering Institute, SatEmLat Project, Nossa Senhora do Rosário College, Porto
- Lara Alves, Imperial College, United Kingdom, CanSat European 2018 2nd prize team, Colégio Guadalupe, in Verdizela (Seixal)
- Eugénia Barroca, representative of Portuguese speaking countries at the Sustainable Ocean Alliance (SOA), Young Ambassador for the Atlantic 2019 – 2020
13:45 PM UTC | Q&A with the audience.
14:00 PM UTC | Closing remarks, Rosalia Vargas.
- Ciência Viva
- EO Browser
- CanSat (ESA)
- CanSat Portugal
- Climate Detectives ESA school project
- All-Atlantic Youth Ambassadors
- World Ocean Day 2021!
- Sustainable Ocean Alliance
We will continue with the Networking Fridays during the next months. More information about future sessions as well as presentations and videos from previous sessions can be found here. Twitter Hashtag: #netfridays. Expect some very exciting afternoons, or mornings or evenings, depending on where you are…
If you need any additional information please send an email to Jose Luiz Moutinho.