Location: Lisbon, Portugal – Offices of the AIR Centre
Contract Duration: 2 years
The Atlantic International Research Centre (AIR Centre) has a vacancy for a Project and Business Developer. You will be joining a dynamic and multidisciplinary team and work in the diverse and emerging fields related to Space, Ocean, Energy and Data Science. Do you have a passion for sustainable development and want to make a difference in the world? The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and managing projects and businesses in a wide variety of domains, advancing science and technology, engaging governments, academia, industry, and citizens for the preservation of the ocean and ecosystems and ultimately result in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Engage with stakeholders, identify and develop funding and commercial opportunities, setup consortiums;
- Building and maintaining relationships with key partners;
- Coordinating and leading project teams to ensure successful project delivery;
- Preparing project proposals and presentations;
- Conducting research and analysis to identify trends and opportunities;
- Providing support to other departments within the organization as required;
- Contribute to outreach activities related to project results dissemination.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Academic qualifications: Higher education or masters degree in Management, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering and related areas in Business, Information Technologies and Innovation;
- Experience in coordinating and writing of proposals;
- Ability to work in dynamic teams, with excellent inter-personal and communication skills;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Advanced user of Excel, Power Point and Project Management software/tools;
- Skilled in both written and verbal English communication.
The AIR Centre is a geographically distributed network that aims to improve the development of large-scale joint initiatives, projects, and integrated actions, taking advantage of synergies of existing and connected distributed infrastructures, institutions and resources in the Atlantic region with particular attention to both sides of the tropical and South Atlantic areas. Its main purpose is to strengthen research and innovation cooperation among the Atlantic countries to address the challenges of developing a more integrated and connected sustainable blue-economy in the Atlantic basin. It focuses on enhancing scientific and technological collaboration between public and private entities in a wide range of areas related to the marine and maritime environment, based on a network with the capacity to attract scientists and technology-based companies. It aims to accelerate the creation and flow of knowledge of excellence and its valuation in the field of blue economy, including aspects such as climate change, food and energy security, circular economy, maritime technologies and the conservation of marine natural resources.
We pursue the use and management of the marine and oceanic environment in a more intelligent, sustainable and inclusive way. The United Nations agenda for 2030 is an important reference for the AIR Centre, which works to achieve its objectives, developing effective, viable capacities, knowledge and technologies for the region. It aims to improve the mutual understanding and collaboration of countries, regions and entities connected by the Atlantic Ocean, by strengthening cooperation with the European Union and by harnessing the capabilities of its outermost Atlantic territories. Ultimately, it seeks to materialise the benefits of the blue economy in the Atlantic, promoting the skills, knowledge, and technological solutions necessary to address social and economic challenges.
The AIR Centre can directly reach a significant segment of the main stakeholder institutions in a fast and efficient way, accelerating the connectivity and interaction of the Atlantic region. This way, it has a unique capacity to effectively influence the lives of the Atlantic population.
The Headquarters of the AIR Centre are located in Terceira island, Azores at the Terinov – Science and Technology Park, and has offices, as well, in Lisbon at Palácio das Laranjeiras – Estrada das Laranjeiras. The location of this position will be in Lisbon.
Interested candidates should send a single PDF file (please name it: Name_AIRCentre.PDF), to firstname.lastname@example.org containing:
- Motivation Letter
- Detailed CV
- Contacts of 1 or 2 references
The deadline for application submission is March 1st 2023. Selected candidates will be invited for an interview, via videoconference.